Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fun things

In case you haven't seen it, Monkeys on a Mission is now on its fourth mission. We had a get-together with several kids yesterday, where we decorated and filled bags. This is turning out to be a fun project! I will be adding to the monkey shop soon, hopefully, so poke in now and again to see some new additions.

The Chief has expressed interest in learning more about African American history and culture, so I am hoping to pull together a unit and post about it like I did with our study about India (here and here). I think I have enough material for our study to last about three weeks. Then, I'm thinking we will do a few more cultural studies, which falls into what's outlined in the 4th grade Whole Child, Healthy Planet guide. There are about 8 cultural units in all I'd like to get to this year, as long as the Chief's interest stays piqued.

I'm working on an essay in response to an article I read last week, which I may or may not put up here, depending on where I feel it will do the most benefit. Also, I am in the midst of writing a science fiction story for the Writers of the Future contest, which has a March 31 deadline. Hopefully I haven't bitten off more than I can chew...


No comments:

Post a Comment